Albuquerque Music Teachers Association
Welcome to AMTA
The Albuquerque Music Teachers Association is an organization of music teachers devoted to the pursuit of excellence in music education. AMTA is a local chapter of the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) and is also affiliated with Professional Music Teachers of New Mexico (PMTNM). AMTA has much to offer its members, students of members, and the community.
- Students benefit from opportunities to perform at student recitals, to participate in the Performance Evaluation Program, and to win scholarships and awards.
- The community benefits from the ability to use the Find A Teacher link to find highly qualified teachers in their area, many of whom are nationally certified (NCTM).
- Please see Members section of the site for a full list of benefits for members.
- music should be a part of every child's education
- learning a musical instrument enhances skill development of all kinds
- learning a musical instrument can begin at any age
- learning music can be a lifelong source of enjoyment and well-being
- teaching music is a creative enterprise in which teachers can continue to learn and grow